Hurley village is on the Berkshire side of the River Thames near Henley. It began as an important fording place that later grew around a small Saxon church c700. In 1086 the Norman lord of the manor founded a Benedictine priory which was central to the village's life for 450 years. After the Dissolution the present parish church of St Mary the Virgin was built from the ruins of the original Priory Church. Hurley's relatively large lock and weir system continue the strong links with the river, enhanced with a boatyard, kayaking centre, and several camping and caravanning sites.
The photographs were taken in 2015.
Click here to see location on a map