The town is located in a broad gap in the Chiltern Hills, 8 miles northwest of High Wycombe. It was a royal manor long before the Norman Conquest, eventually passing in 1343 to Edward Prince of Wales (the Black Prince), hence Princes Risborough. As a Conservation Area, the town centre has retained many fine 17th and 18th century buildings. The photographs were taken between 1988 and 2015: the year is included in the captions.
Click here to see location on a map.